MENTAL HEALTH CLINICIANS
Wednesday – Sunday, 8am-4pm or Saturday – Wednesday, 4pm-12am
Physician Affiliate Group of New York (PAGNY) is comprised of nearly 4,000 physicians and healthcare professionals who provide services to NYC Health + Hospitals (H+H), the largest public health system in the United States. Our practitioners are highly skilled professionals with outstanding credentials who deliver the highest level of quality healthcare to patients throughout New York City.
Besides providing administrative and human resources services, PAGNY also fosters an environment in its partner hospitals that allows healthcare professionals to identify and implement best practices across institutions; promote training, academic and research opportunities; develop multidisciplinary integrated clinical service lines; build new systems of care; and address the impact of anticipated major changes in the nation's healthcare system.
With approximately 65,000 admissions per year and 10,000 average daily population, the NYC jail system is among the largest in the nation. The Division of Correctional Health Services (CHS) of New York City Health + Hospitals (H + H) is responsible for the delivery of medical care, mental health care and discharge planning in the jail system. CHS care includes a comprehensive history and physical at the point of admission, robust screening efforts (HIV, hepatitis C, STDs, TB, etc.) and the management of chronic and acute illness. CHS views incarceration as a crucial opportunity to provide care to an underserved population and improve the population health of the communities to which our patients return, uses a system-wide Electronic Health Record to promote patient safety and population health, and has contributed to the literature on medical care in the jail, as well as public health concerns related to incarceration.
Under the supervision of the Deputy Clinical Director of Mental Health or designee, you will provide quality mental health care, conduct rounds, and evaluate patients on suicide watch as needed across the jail facilities. This position will not involve a steady facility assignment, but will instead involve assignments as designated by the supervisor based on clinical and staffing need. On weekends, rounding on patients in designated mental observation houses and counseling patients on suicide watch will be an expectation of the position. Additional responsibilities include:
- Conducting mental health evaluations, crisis intervention, assessments, and follow-up care.
- Determining and coordinating disposition of patients for appropriate level of mental health care.
- Coordinating with Reentry Social Workers for appropriate discharge planning services.
- Completing required statistical reports.
- Collaborating with the Department of Correction to ensure access to patients, proper housing, and treatment disposition.
- Participating in Clinical Supervision with Supervisor at least once a week.
- Conducting mental health rounds as assigned, potentially across multiple facilities.
- Providing counseling and assessment to patients on suicide watch as assigned, potentially across multiple facilities.
- Participating in case management activities.
- Master’s degree in Social Work, Psychology or related field
- New York State License in Social Work, License in Mental Health Counseling, or licensure in Psychology
- Preference given those applicants with experience with Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) and Dialectical Behavioral Therapy (DBT)
We offer a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package. For immediate consideration, please apply online at:
PHYSICIAN AFFILIATE GROUP OF NEW YORK, PC
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V