Position purpose: Provide behavioral health counseling to children, adolescents, adults and families in order to improve psychosocial functioning.
Corporate Philosophy: It is the obligation of each employee of Esperanza Health Centers to abide by and promote the missions and values of the Health Center to ensure that excellent services are delivered with compassion.
To deliver health and hope for Chicago’s underserved communities.
Bringing compassion, respect and understanding to all those we serve
Striving for excellence and innovation in every aspect of our work
Building a shared sense of community where every person feels welcome and at home
Primary Duties and Responsibilities: (The following duties and responsibilities are all essential job functions except for those that begin with the word “May.”)
1. Provide comprehensive assessment and diagnosis of behavioral health patients.
2. Provide effective treatment planning and assist clients in successfully achieving goals.
3. Evaluate behavioral health crises and apply appropriate interventions.
4. Assist the primary care team in developing care management processes such as the use of guidelines, disease management techniques, case management, and patient education to improve self-management of chronic disease.
5. Assist in the detection of “at risk” patients and development of plans to prevent further psychological or physical deterioration.
6. Identify problems related to patient services and make recommendations for improvement.
7. Develop contacts with community resources and serve as patient advocate as appropriate
8. Participate in staff meetings and the quality improvement program.
9. Participate in the development and modification of clinic programs as indicated.
10. Enhance professional growth and development through participation in education programs, in-service meetings, and continuing education seminars/workshops.
11. Represent Esperanza in professional and community organizations as assigned.
12. Provide group therapy to community organizations or on site.
13. Provide clinical consultation to peers as assigned by Director of Behavioral Health or Chief Medical Officer
14. Provide supervision to students or unlicensed behavioral health personnel as assigned by Director of Behavioral Health.
15. Perform other duties as assigned.
The following duties and responsibilities may be reassigned.
1. Attends and participates in staff meetings and attends other meeting as assigned.
2. Cooperates with other personnel to achieve department objectives and maintains good employee relations.
3. Performs other related duties as assigned or requested. Performs both essential and marginal job functions in a safe manner.
General Job Requirements:
• Master of Social Work degree or related field.
• Current Illinois license as Licensed Clinical Social Worker, Licensed Clinical Professional Counselor, or Clinical Psychologist.
Education: Master’s Degree in Social Work or related field
Experience: Experience preferred
About Esperanza Health Centers
Esperanza Health Centers serves an area that is in great need of quality healthcare. Families in Esperanza's service area experience significant economic, educational, and health disparities. More than 53 percent of residents live below twice the poverty level. Large portions of Esperanza's service area have been designated as a Medically Underserved Area and a Health Professional Shortage Area by the Health Resources and Services Administration.
All of our full-time providers and all of our clinical staff are bilingual and bicultural. Our services and programs are carefully tailored to the needs and culture of the communities we serve.
Esperanza Health Centers is a Health Center Program grantee under 42 U.S.C. 254b, and a deemed Public Health Service employee under 42 U.S.C. 233(g)-(n).
To promote healthy lifestyles & improve our patients’ health through the provision of high quality health care and wellness services in the communities of Chicago’s southwest side.
Esperanza means hope in Spanish. In living up to its name, Esperanza Health Centers envisions healthy communities where resources are woven together, allowing community residents to realize their... full potential through optimum health regardless of immigration status, race/ethnicity, income or ability to obtain insurance.
HOPE: eliminating barriers that restrict access to quality health care.
HEALTH: impacting the community by providing quality integrated primary care and behavioral health services.
FAMILY: building our communities by helping families with prevention and self-care education.