Provides direct integrated behavioral health services in support of integrated primary care and behavioral health services. Provides assessments Behavioral Health encompasses prevention, intervention, and recovery from mental health and substance use conditions within the primary care setting across Chase Brexton Health Care.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Analytical and Critical Thinking
· Diagnose presenting problems and behavioral health conditions using the fifth edition of the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders (DSM-5).
· Applies knowledge of evidence-based practice, including empirical bases of assessment, intervention, and other clinical applications, expertise and patient preferences to individuals, couples, groups and families to include adults, children and adolescents as assigned.
· Perform psychological evaluations for individuals presenting with behavioral health concerns in order to provide diagnostic clarity and to develop an evidence-based treatment plan and/or treatment recommendations.
· Perform evaluations of readiness for surgery for patients seeking Gender Confirmation Surgery or Bariatric Surgery. Provide conclusion regarding medical necessity of medical procedure, capacity for the patient to consent to treatment, ability for the patient to adhere to post-surgical follow-up care, and the patient’s behavioral health stability.
· Provides emergency assessment of patients in crisis and facilitates psychiatric hospitalization if needed.
· Monitors treatment outcomes using evidence-based tools and uses these results to modify treatment plan or to guide decisions regarding discharge. Considers medical necessity guidelines throughout the course of treatment.
· Provides after-hours, on-call services on a rotating schedule. On-call services are provided over the telephone. Typical frequency of on-call service is two-to-three weeks per year.
· May provide psychological testing based on clinical needs of patients and development of testing program.
· Provides consultation to medical providers, other CBHC staff, and other service providers to facilitate a coordinated continuum of care within the primary care setting.
· Participates in staff meetings as required.
· Completes professionally written progress notes and clinical documentation that comply with regulatory and professional standards.
· Verbal, nonverbal, and written communications are informative and well-integrated.
· Participates in system change and promotes change within Chase Brexton Health Care.
· Coordinate treatment recommendations with the Primary Care Provider when appropriate.
Compliance, Policy, and Procedure
· Document all behavioral health services as directed by CBHC policy, State requirements, and professional standards.
· Adheres to departmental productivity standards and policy and procedures.
· If providing supervision: Demonstrates knowledge of supervision models and practices; demonstrates knowledge of and effectively addresses limits of competency to supervise
· Assesses for risk using a standardized measures and following departmental policy.
· Demonstrates appropriate use of billing orders for all clinical documentation.
· Obtains and maintains credentialing privileges upon hire and every two years thereafter.
Workplace Computers and Equipment
· Utilizes Electronic Health Record to support and improve integrated healthcare.
· Demonstrates ability engage patients and/or families who are not engaged in services through outreach and follow up
Willingness to Learn
· Meets mandatory continuing education requirements to maintain licensure/certification.
· Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor.
· May supervise psychology externs.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
· Must have the ability to provide services that are relevant to the culture of the patient and their family. Must be able to identify and address disparities in healthcare access and quality.
· Must be able to adapt services to cultural norms, and promote diversity among the providers working in interprofessional teams.
· Must be familiar with demands inherent in community mental health and health care settings.
· Must be able to adapt to changes in the field of Health Care both state wide and nationally.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
· Degree required: Doctoral Degree in Clinical or Counseling Psychology (Psy D or PhD)
· Licensure Required: Licensure in the state of Maryland
· Preferred: Two years of experience in the provision of outpatient mental health services with adults, children and/ or adolescents.
· Ability to provide affirming care to the LGBT community is required.
· Experience providing Surgical Readiness Evaluations preferred; willingness to learn and implement this skill is required.
Internal Number: 2098
About Chase Brexton Health Care
At Chase Brexton Health Care, we believe everyone deserves great health care...because everyone’s health matters. An FTCA deemed entity providing a range of clinical services from primary medical care and behavioral health services to dental and pharmacy, among others, Chase Brexton welcomes more than 30,000 patients annually. And, though we continue to grow in size, our patient-centered approach remains; we work diligently to provide personalized care to each of our patients. We believe in educating and empowering our patients to become active participants in their own care. Complete health care – that is completely about you.