Provides quality clinical mental health consultation to providers and staff as requested through direct service in the Primary Care Behavioral Health Consultant (PCBHC) model as fully integrated members of multidisciplinary care teams. Provides comprehensive diagnostic mental health and behavioral medicine services including brief assessments, interventions, education, referrals and consultations for culturally diverse, medically-underserved patients at a primary care FQHC on the West Side of Chicago.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
Upholds the mission of Lawndale Christian Health Center, which is “to show and share the love of Jesus by promoting wellness and providing quality, affordable health care for Lawndale and the neighboring communities.”
Provides quality clinical consultation to providers and staff utilizing the 30 minute BHC model to diagnose, assess and treat a variety of mental heath disorders using DSM-5 diagnostic criteria; maintains clinic wide productivity targets.
Provides brief, solution-focused behavioral interventions with active development of behavioral change planning using the BHC model. Follow up is provided for patients referred via medical providers.
Cultivates education, administration and self-management skills for targeted populations with psychological or behavioral health issues.
Promotes medical providers’ knowledge of patient behavioral health issues and provides education to assist with enhancing primary care utilization of behavioral health interventions.
Collaborates and co-manages the patient’s behavioral health care with consistent, expeditious feedback to referring providers and multidisciplinary care team.
Serves as a member of a multidisciplinary care team model to facilitate teamwork, and improve patient care, processes, and outcomes.
Provides clinical consultation with and serves as a resource for colleagues in behavioral health department as needed. In turn, utilizes consultation and expertise of behavioral health team members routinely.
May facilitate brief treatment groups with patients focused on education and skill building for the management of a variety of mental health issues for a targeted population.
Provides training and supervision to pre/post doctoral or masters level trainees through live supervision and consultation of their clinical work with patients at the clinic.
Responds to on-site crisis intervention according to policy.
Attends monthly agency staff and department meetings.
Utilizes electronic medical records to document the clinical behavioral health aspect of patient assessment/interventions in a timely manner.
Maintains professional competence by pursuing opportunities for continuous learning, attending continuing education offerings, and reading professional literature in order to develop new knowledge and skills.
Required Skills or Abilities
1. Computer literacy and experience is required. 2. Strong skills in diagnostic assessment using DSM-5 criteria. 3. Ability to work in a fast-paced environment while responding to multiple demands in a multidisciplinary team setting. 4. Ability to work with a culturally diverse group of people. 5. Must be willing to work flexible hours as required by position.
6. Fluency of Spanish language is a plus.
Required Knowledge, Experience, and Licensure:
1. Ph.D. or PsyD degree in Clinical Psychology with two years of directly related clinical experience is required OR
Masters in Clinical Counseling or Clinical Social Work with two years of related clinical experience post-licensure.
2. Must be licensed in the state of Illinois as clinical psychologist, LCSW, or LCPC.
3. Knowledge in lifespan development as well as experience in assessment, diagnosis, and treatment of mental health conditions with pediatric, adult, geriatric populations preferred.
4. Knowledge and experience in psychopharmacology and behavioral health medicine is a plus, and willingness to grow in these areas is required.
About Lawndale Christian Health Center
LCHC’s mission is to show and share the love of Jesus by promoting wellness and providing quality,
affordable health care for Lawndale and the neighboring communities. While we come from a variety of cultures and backgrounds, we are all united by a distinct commitment to provide quality care. It is because of the commitment, dedication, and longevity of our staff that we are where we are today.